How can we improve RealPlayer?

When converting it will not let me because you keep advertising realplayer plus.

Everytime i want to convert to a MP3 file I click convert then start. When I click on start, player plus is advertized and it wont let me convert as it always directs me to that page. thanks

527 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

207 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RedixRedix commented  · 

E o problema continua, até o a-tube catcher nao funciona também.

• jimjim commented  · 

add me, i'm puzzeled isn't it.

• GeezGeez commented  · 

This stopped working after I uninstalled Quicktime but I just reinstalled it and now it's converting again. Thanks for the tip @ poster who recommended this.

• eshaesha commented  · 

the same problem happens to me,whenever I click the start button the monotonous advert of upgrading to real 16 emerges.whats the hell is this.please fix up the problem.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Lol, add me to the list of FORMER faithful real player users...i don't know what happened but im not buying credit with another company to convert a song (i think i saw blockbuster and some other crap?? Ha ha, yeah like that's going to happen) Not worth it when there is other free conversion software online. Real player used to be the best but it screwed itself over - bye bye!

• Pissed OffPissed Off commented  · 

Over a year and a half and you still haven't fixed this?? Unbelievable!

• Dan DanDan Dan commented  · 

I still use RealPlayer for downloading, but found a much better conversion utility for converting the downloaded videos into... well, anything. mp3, DivX, mpg, etc. It's a small freeware program called Pazera. They have several different converters, just download the one for the file type you want to convert to.

• PaulaPaula commented  · 

No offense, Farhanah, but I installed Quicktime thinking it would make Realplayer work, WRONG!!! It totally screw up my entire laptop. BIG TIME!!!!! I'm typing this on someone else's computer.

• PaulaPaula commented  · 

Have had the same problem ever since I upgraded & it just does NOT work in any capacity. I think they should have left well enough alone with the OLD version. Why does everything seem to need to be upgraded, so companies can make money at the expense of the consumer!! It just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!

• FarhanaFarhana commented  · 

I fixed it! Hallelujah I did it! First uninstall Real Player. Then, if you dont have Quicktime then download Quicktime, the latest version. After that download realplayer and reinstall it. After that try converting. It worked for me!!!

• David GlickDavid Glick commented  · 

Same issues as everyone else, even paid for the upgrade and the whole system went kaput. I have to get a training done for work and this is making my stress even worse. When I called Real after 45 minutes on the phone and trying everything the tech said we are aware of the problem and hope to have it fixed in 20 days....problem is, the training is in 10 days. Not sure what to do....

• Anonymous commented  · 

Realplayer is dead. Their techs are not even working on the issue, people. They have sold out to the big corporate interests. Find another program.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It seems like QuickTime is only available on windows 7. Completely useless to me then :( I've used RealPlayer for a long long time now, and will keep an eye out for a fix but until then I'm going to see what other methods there are to download and convert videos *sigh*

• Jose MayorquinJose Mayorquin commented  · 

I was having this problem; I had uninstalled quicktime last week because it was causing errors in Adobe Fireworks. I have just reinstalled quicktime like others here have mentioned and now I can convert videos to mp3 again. I didn't even need to reboot.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am afraid that it is the same for me and am preparing to uninstall realplayer

• BabsBabs commented  · 

I was excited to use RP, it seemed so easy. Now the ads. Sorry, you been replaced. Tossing your ass out. I'm not even curious about your upgrade anymore.

• Anonymous commented  · 

ok dump realplayer and get FREEMAKE VIDEO CONVERTER. It works without issue. Many other programs come with it if you want them. check it out. www.freemake.com

• Anonymous commented  · 

THIS IS THE CURE! I THOUGHT IM DONE WITH REALPLAYER TOO BUT THIS IS HOW YOU FIX IT. DONT BE UPSET ANYMORE.

UNINSTALL REALPLAYER/ DELETE ALL FILES TO DO WITH REALPLAYER LIKE DOCUMENTS, VIDEOS,MUSIC ETC. THEN DELETE THE DOWNLOAD WHERE EVER YOU PUT IT. RESTART YOUR PC. RE DOWNLOAD REALPLAYER AND IT SHOULD WORK. IT DID FOR ME , I LOVE THIS PROGRAM, ITS THE BEST, FASTEST CONVERTER EVER. SO EASY TO USE ONCE IT IT FIXED. DO IT NOW!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I had same problem. this is how i fixed it. Uninstall RealPlayer. go to explore your files, delete anything to do with RealPlayer like files and videos and documents. Then reboot pc/ download RealPlayer again, and its fixed. Enjoy it, its the best.

• QuealesQueales commented  · 

Realplayer you are a disgrace. Have used your products for years, never again

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base