How can we improve RealPlayer?

realone plus but no acceleration

I have a realone plus but everytime i download a video it doesn't accelerate and even I can't play the video during download(as it's a feature of plus).

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ArminArmin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PerryPerry commented  · 

There is a known issue with the speedbit accelerator on RealPlayer Plus. I spoke at length with one of the tech support guys & the reason it's not working is because of the way the files are streaming off websites. YouTube & others have decided to split the files into separate video & audio files for whatever reason while downloading & marry them back together once finished.
        They are working on the problem & if you call or email them they will let you know when it is fixed. the only work around I have found is if you stop & start the download by clicking the X at the end of the progress bar & the resume, it will download much faster. Of course this means sitting at the computer while it's downloading but for 1 or 2 files, it's not so bad. I think this works because it downloads a chunk of data & speedbit can kick in & continue the download at that speed, so it slows down. Try it, you have nothing to lose!

• michaelmichael commented  · 

thanks Candy followed what you said and it did work..

• candycandy commented  · 

This problem is easy to fix. If you purchased the realplayer plus 15 in September 2012 or after you can upgrade to realplayer 16 plus for free but you must own the plus versionn for premium features. To get your premium service you just downoad the player close it out open it back up go to the top left hand corner click the drop down menu and sign in with your email and password and your premium services should automatically start to download. If not go to help and customer service you can call them for free 24 hours a day they will answer and walk you through the problem. Mine works and it is fantastic. I have used it for years but recently upgraded to 16. The first time you go to use the burn video option it will dowload a new plugin automatically also. There is also a test page on the customer support page to fix your accelerator. The accelerator feature also depends on what browser you use and your internet connection speed. Also check to see if speedbit plugin is downloaded and working.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I purchased real 1 plus to speed up my downloads and it does NOT work. The worse thing is NOT getting any response from those responsible. They have my money but I don't have what I paid for. This is bull ????????????

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

i get also realone plus 15 but the acceleration not working what to do >>>
        solve it or return what we paid

• stephenstephen commented  · 

All of these people do not have the accelerater option working and now I also have purchased Real Player Plus -which is expencive- for 1 reason. To speed up my download's. And It is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????????????

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Todd KroughTodd Krough commented  · 

i have paid for real player plus and my acceleration is off. they said it is on they're end. Well, when are they going to fix it? It hasn't worked in 6 months or longer! Is there another program that I can buy like Nero or something that can do downloading? I want to buy a new computer and i do not want real player in it, it does not work. I hate this, it makes me so angry!

• MartheseMarthese commented  · 

I have paid for Realplayer plus but acceleration is turned off. tried to find a way of turning it on but no success. Help please.

Order Number 330165907

Kind Regards

Marthese

• Viggo BirkViggo Birk commented  · 

I have a realone plus but everytime i download a video it doesn't accelerate and even I can't play the video during download(as it's a feature of plus).

I thing i have payed twise for the PLUS version so you can say i'm not very happy not to could use the accelerate feature/option

• Alaa sharaf el-din Alaa sharaf el-din commented  · 

I can't Dawnload flash player file ,I can't Dawn load some media type of files ,

• Athos RialasAthos Rialas commented  · 

Suddenly Accelerator is turn off and I can not find a way of turning this on.
        I have purchased the real player plus but no instructions how to turn downloading accelarator on. Can you please advice

• datcchadatccha commented  · 

I have Real plus too and i cannot download any video can i have some help please?

Feedback and Knowledge Base