How can we improve RealPlayer?

Can't burn downloaded videos to DVD

i just purchase the real player sp plus and is real angry at how it works, i have tried burning downloaded music videos to dvd and it does complete, have been doing it for hours. very irate, this issue needs to be address, almost want my money back

382 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    williswillis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

414 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KW CHEEKW CHEE commented  · 

I ALSO FACE THE SAME PROBLEM:ERROR MESSAGE CROPS UP: FOLDER NOT FOUND,CANNOT BURN VCD/DVDS LIKE BEFORE UPGRADING TO REAL PLAYER CLOUD.PLEASE ATTEND TO THE PROBLEM..HOPE THERE IS NO HIDXDEN AGENDA IN ALL THESE PROBLEMS

• tinatina commented  · 

I use to download and burn dvd's but since realplayer cloud it has been months I can not do this any more have tried every thing but the payment comes out every month

• rbrb commented  · 

Yes, same problems as listed here. I have all the curent upgrades and haven't been able to burn videos to DVD. They told me to subscribe to the Cloud so I did, telling me that then I could burn to DVD. Stll cannot burn DVDs after the $5 a month plan so I cancelled. Real Player isn't following through on what they say. Won't spend another dollar here.

• pratima greenpratima green commented  · 

me too can not burn dvd error message appears halfway

• ZZ commented  · 

Oh,
        and if there are any problems, just call cust service and they fix everything. I'm having a great time with RealPlayer Cloud burning DVD's. I've almost burned a hundred of them so far, many over 2 hours. I split them so the 1st one is almost 2 hours long. Then on the 2nd one I have a lot of room left on the DVD for another movie. On movies that are short, I burn several of the 150 or so Looney Toons I have in my files after the movie. Who doesn't like Bugs Bunny or the Road Runner? Anyone that doesn't is un- American! Anyway, doing that uses up all of the DVD.
        Or you can just burn them like the store bought DVD's are, and that's split right in half at a stopping point. Like I said in the previous comment, Windows Live Movie Maker works great splitting long movies.
        Z

• ZZ commented  · 

It is easy to burn over 2 hour video's. Just trim them in Windows Live Movie Maker. I don't use the RealPlayer trimmer because the one that came with windows 7 works real good.
        Z

• Anonymous commented  · 

The question at the top of this page is How can we improve RealPlayer? The answer is :You can make it work. I have bought computers that already had Realplayer installed, I have downloaded the free Realplayer, and have even paid for Realplayer Plus. What I have found is that anything from Realplayer is junk. None of it ever works right. Right now I have one that won't download videos from You Tube, won't convert or trim because of File Parsing Error, and won't make a DVD. I have found nothing on the Real website to help me fix these problems. Don't waste your money on this stuff, I learned the hard way.
        Ken

• Anonymous commented  · 

When a video is over 2 hours I can't burn it. Can you develop a button to inform the program to warn the customer and give the option of putting in DVD #2 to burn the rest of the video.

• MargotMargot commented  · 

I have had numerous issues with RP 16 over the last month, and have received several action plans from RealNetwork, none of which solved the problem. I suspect the issues stemmed from a combination of roadblocks on my computer and in RP. After much online searching and experimentation, I have arrived at a point where RP will work for me if I don't ask it to burn another dvd after it has just finished a burn. I have a Toshiba satellite laptop, and am running Windows 7, 64-bit. Here, in a nutshell, is what I did over the space of several days:
        - deleted all temp files possible (several places where these are hidden, and not all in temp folders)
        - uninstalled programs I don’t use
        - disk defrag
        - disk cleanup
        - third party scan and fix (Geek Tech Toolbox)
        - system restore 2x
        - stopped startup applications
        - system repair
        - clean uninstalled real player 4x (has a few places where it hides things); completely removed library and playlists
        - uninstalled and reinstalled adobe flash player
        Now I understand why, when you send your computer away for servicing, it takes days, if not a couple of weeks, for them to fix it and get it back to you. My biggest tip - get rid of temp files weekly, if not daily. RP, and your computer, will just get plain plugged up if you don't.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I just bought realplayer plus 16 for cloud (very hesitantly, I might add, since I don't have much money to be throwing around) and the only reason I did it was so I could make dvds. On realplayer plus 15, I had no problems whatsoever. And now since they have forced me to upgrade in order to keep making dvds, it stopped working. I am very very VERY frustrated and am going to sue this company if you can't make your promised realplayer plus 16 "guarantees" right away. I have to have these couple dvds made before November. Tell me how to make it work, please.

• jewell evansjewell evans commented  · 

i have been asked to restart real player in order to burn dvds

• waynewayne commented  · 

im having the same exact problem as:
        Carl commented · March 11, 2013 7:56 a.m

it will not burn dvds, its bringing up a general error about decoding... burns cds perfectly

• Anonymous commented  · 

I understand that Youtube has changed the format on MP4's, but when are you going to fix this? keep hearing you're working on it, but more and more vids are like this and right now Realplayer is useless.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I'm sick of real player! I have 16 and CANNOT burn videos at all!

I want my money back!!

• Lester HuntLester Hunt commented  · 

i upgraded to real player 16 three weeks ago , it downloaded fine for 3 days then it would not work at all ! i kept signing in and out and still nothing ! when you click on burn the correct column to the far left with the burn dvd tab appears for 3 seconds and disappears , it won't stay lock in. same thing happened with real player 15, i believe they work fine when either real player or youtube want them to !!! they are REAL PLAYERS , because the customer KEEPS GETTING PLAYED !!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm trying to burn a dvd on videos I've had for years but a window pops up from real player and
        tries to get me to upgrade to 16 so when I hit no thanks another window pops up and tries to
        force me to purchase and when I shut the window it won't let me put a video into the library to burn.
        What a bunch of Bullshit

• CarlCarl commented  · 

I have a problem with Realplayer maybe someone could help me out.When I try to burn a video the transfer process complet's no problem, then when it goe's to the burn process error message pop's up a general error has ocured, I have no trouble burning a C.D., I have instaled a new burner still no luck, I have called Real player numerous times with no fix available, please advise, Best Regards Carl rein_holt@msn.com.

• CarlCarl commented  · 

I have a problem with Realplayer maybe someone could help me out.When I try to burn a video the transfer process complet's no problem, then when it goe's to the burn process error message pop's up a general error has ocured, I have no trouble burning a C.D., I have instaled a new burner still no luck, I have called Real player numerous times with no fix available, please advise, Best Regards Carl rein_holt@msn.com.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A good and simple way to burn Real player downloads to DVD is to use a free download called Converter lite. If the things are from the likes of you tube they will be in mp4 or flash format. Converter lite enables you to change the format of your dvd to whatever you like and even as PAL or NTCS. It is a great thing and is so easy to use. You can even do things with the likes of mp3, avi music as well as it can also convert music to a chosen format.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base