How can we improve RealPlayer?

Will not record a video

Opened the link for the video, clicked the download button, pop up box appears, then says "Realplayer downloader has stopped working. So, I clicked on the "record" button at the bottom of the screen. It says "unable to record"....

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MoeJoeMoeJoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Has anyone got an answer from these guys?

• omoniyiomoniyi commented  · 

UNABLE TO RECORD

[this is not a question about downloading video from youtube website via browser chrome or whatever.
        this is about "UNABLE to RECORD" from Real Player software.]

I am currently downloading and recording videos from website using realplayer program. I do FILE>OPEN>URL address, a video window popup, then I just click download this video.

My question is why I can do this on one computer ( XP ) but not on another ( VISTA )?
        where can I do the settings, or what to set to solve this problem?

thanks

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

UNABLE TO RECORD

[this is not a question about downloading video from youtube website via browser chrome or whatever.
        this is about "UNABLE to RECORD" from Real Player software.]

I am currently downloading and recording videos from website using realplayer program. I do FILE>OPEN>URL address, a video window popup, then I just click download this video.

My question is why I can do this on one computer ( XP ) but not on another ( VISTA )?
        where can I do the settings, or what to set to solve this problem?

thanks

• RichardRichard commented  · 

Have tried to Burn videos in DVD format From MP4 and FLV RealPlayer says
        " Media Not Ready". I've Checked- I have the latest up-date. This is a time
        consuming Pain.

I Paid to Download and Record Videos to Disk- Please Resolve this problem
        and let me know of the solution.
        Thank You,
        Richard

• rleonrleon commented  · 

And why would anyone want to spend money to buy a product that does not work?

And one more thing. Why would I want to upgrade to your plus product when this one doesn't work as advertised? I certainly don't intend to spend any money on a faulty product.

It looks like this problem has been going on a long time. I don't have this problem with my older version of realplayer on my desktop - just on my new laptop. So do you ever fix this or just let people complain and ignore them? The download button does not appear and when you click on the stupid little dot it just says cannot record. So what is the point of using your stupid program? There are better players out there. I just want to record.

• azherazher commented  · 

my real player dowload the youtube vedios really fast but when i try to play them they dont work

• MarkMark commented  · 

This is the 1st time I am trying to copy a video on the stock market.

I have gone through your material, but I do not see the button on the top
        to record.

Do I have to purchase real-player, or is the one on my pc able to work.

Please explain.

Thank you.

• cheetaracheetara commented  · 

does not display the download this button

• RalphRalph commented  · 

I am using Google Chrome 14.0 web browser. I use to download with Real downloader okay. I had to delete it to make the advertisements go away. I re-installed but now it want display download button. I have followed trouble shooting guide, no help. Button will appear using explorer and download window open but this it say can not download. I do not know what has changed. Help!

• william mercadowilliam mercado commented  · 

When i select the videos for recording, they won't finish burning completely on the DVD disk. I know i have the most up to date software, so that's not the problem, so what's causing this to happen? Thank you for your feedback. WILLIAM MERCADO.

• owen gayleowen gayle commented  · 

not downloading videos on any site

• johnpittssrjohnpittssr commented  · 

I open a movie site in realplayer and it buffed up and it use to download in a sec. now it acts like a normal web site. what did yall do to it.? it worked fine until i did all this updates and i made a mistake of buying the plus made it worse. realplayer is a con

• finftgfinftg commented  · 

mising downloud

• Cordell Theoneandoneandonly LeeCordell Theoneandoneandonly Lee commented  · 

Opened the link for the video, clicked the download button, pop up box appears, then says "Realplayer downloader has stopped working. So, I clicked on the "record" button at the bottom of the screen. It says "unable to record"....

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base