How can we improve RealPlayer?

Full screen on second monitor of dual screens

Team,
I wish to select full screen display on my second monitor without the need to manually resize. Full screen seems to only work on the primary display.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ben breelandben breeland shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JavJav commented  · 

Yes the same problem here, who uses only one monitor these days. I sometimes require the full screen on my primary monitor and sometimes on my secondary monitor depending on what I am doing. I don't have this limitation on other media players so why is RealPlayer forcing me to use only my primary monitor?

• NickNick commented  · 

Just stumbled onto this thread ... this has been bugging me too. If I find anything I will return here and post my results. In the mean time ... did you know that real player limits the full screen option to your "main display" in windows. So if you set the desired display as your main in screen resolution by right clicking on the desktop you can side step this. I want my current display as main for a few reasons so this does not solve the issue for me but will perhaps help out a few of you all out there. Oh and you can always move your task bar back to your original main screen even when it is no longer the main screen. v0v

• realplayerrealplayer commented  · 

Just crap, its indeed sounds like a 20th century, Real player is crap just uninstalled it, Because of this reason!!!

• LloydLloyd commented  · 

Hi All,
        I have four monitors and use an application Ultramon, multiple monitor application. With this once Real Player is full screen you can then select which monitor to move it too. But note the transporter, share, trim, convert and windows size buttons at the top of the window stay put on your main monitor.

Best I've got guys, don't cost much and I am sure will help in more ways if you have multiple monitors.

• JoeyJoey commented  · 

This is a ridiculous limitation. It's not 1999 anymore, dual even triple screens are standard for many users today.

• asas commented  · 

media player can do it

• TTBTTB commented  · 

come one people, please write a script fot this!

• TTBTTB commented  · 

Please help, i cant resize to full screen on my "secondary" monitor, real player choosing my 17" primary monitor over large plasma theatre,
        please help!

• AntonAnton commented  · 

Yes, same problem!
        My main monitor is small and i have a Plasma set as a secondory monitor as soon as i resize real player to the full screen it goes back to my small lcd monitor!
        Please help!

• JasonJason commented  · 

Same problem
        Please help

Feedback and Knowledge Base