How can we improve RealPlayer?

Real player freezes after double click

-when i double click on a track, it freezes my computer and i have to reboot, it doesnt happen everytime just intermittently
-i do have a large file on my library

-Windows Vista 32 bit
-FireFox

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel DokyiSamuel Dokyi shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jimgarnerjimgarner commented  · 

are you ever going to fix realplayer plus 16? it still freezes and it really is realplayer because task manager says so and it will not uninstall enough so that i can go back to version plus15 which worked on everything except dvd burning.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Real player freezes after double click

• haggarhaggar commented  · 

I have used Realplayer successfuly and created playlists for a long time after using the Download feature (like from youtube ... etc). Then there was a period of months without me using it. I don't have it in my msconfig Startup to avoid memory hogging.
        However when I came back to use it last night, something weird happened. It seems to use the CPU a lot without any communication as to what the heck is it doing. I know it is Realplayer doing it from the Task Manager. Then I thought if I leave it going for an hour maybe it will stop. But NO this thing kept churning. And it was the only one using the CPU in the range of 60 - 100%. And when I force a shutdown using Start in windows and come back it attempts to Repair Database unsucessfully. Leaving me with the sad situation of wanting to restore a backup to come back to a good state. When I restore my backup and comeback to it this problem happened again. Then this time I left churning for 2 hours, then it still was churning but this time it would allow a mouse click to do something like closing the window or using the Playlist ... etc.
        This is a feedback to the team ... DO REGOUROUS SOFTWARE ASSURANCE WORK TO AVOID SUCH CPU HOGGING. Because CPU hogging is hazard as in the customer developing bad feeling towards Realplayer. And respond fast so this freezing doesn't continue to happen.

• ChapmanChapman commented  · 

I like the sound that realplayer produce, but it freez
        ing up to much. I have given up on this product. Now I am using itune.

• jeetjeet commented  · 

I install a picture from my camera,I load the slide in all was a good pictures but now the pictures are showing blowry and different color can't tell?

• JoanJoan commented  · 

Real Player is right up there with Windows Media Player. I hate them both now. Never used to be any problems with it. Haven't done anything different with my computer. All of a sudden, wouldn't let me download videos, so I uninstalled numberous times, and reinstalled. Nothing doing, except freezing up now! I give up! To the recycle bin it goes!

• ovalkillzerovalkillzer commented  · 

yep it freezes my converting and screws me up cuz it wasted my time

• EROKEROK commented  · 

Same problem.When I go to repaet a track it freezes and then keeps "skipping" for EVER!

• tommy ttommy t commented  · 

real player freezes sometimes on double click

• jaimejaime commented  · 

real player freezes whenever I'm in detailed form and try to scroll down in my library. Sometimes it does it when I click on a song, too.

• vasavasa commented  · 

real player freezes

• francis anodjofrancis anodjo commented  · 

real will not download on several occations ,can someone out ther go and do something pls,

Feedback and Knowledge Base