or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • annann commented  · 

When prompted I done update and it said I could stop and resume later. Now I can't get it to open up had a lot in library videos. Is everything lost or is it in PC somewhere?

• M BeirutiM Beiruti commented  · 

Realplayer Downloader has stopped working in Windows 7, IE and firefox? can you help to correct this big problem, as this program may be the best video downloads & player.
        thank you

• Dave CarpenterDave Carpenter commented  · 

after installing RP version 16 on two computers both stopped downloading videos. Last time it worked was 01/06/2014.
        Installed version 16 right after that!
        I have tried to reinstalled version 15, but no luck.
        On one computer I reinstalled IE version 10, but no luck.
        I have also tried different configures of the flash player.
        Doesn't work in either IE or Chrome.

• jojoanajojoana commented  · 

real player is so annoying .. i keep on downloading and uninstalling but it still have the same problems

• jojoanajojoana commented  · 

whats the best real player for windows 7

• Anonymous commented  · 

RealPlayer v16 STILL does not run without admin rights. It did not run on XP so we stayed with v15. Will this application ever be fixed? This issue is repeatable by simply installing Win7, patching it so that it is current, installing RealPlayer as an admin, logging in with ONLY user rights and trying to launch the app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

after uninstalling Realplayer 16 and installing realplayer 15 works fine with chrome and windows 7

• Anonymous commented  · 

My RealPlayer hasn't worked right since v15...just upgraded to v16 and it still crashes all of the time. Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. Sure glad I never bought the premium version as that would have really ticked me off. So sad because I really liked this player, but since it is pretty much unuseable the way it currently runs, I will be looking for some other companies MM player. Too bad Real Networks, maybe if you would address these issues instead of just letting people post about them and never fix the problem. Not good customer service. I will spend my money elsewhere on a product that will actiall run.

• JullieJullie commented  · 

Hi! recently the realplayer downloader stop half way and prompt out "real player has stopped working" dont understand why. had unstall and reinstall... it did not help. please help..

• AlAl commented  · 

I had the same problem and tried the fixes showed on Youtube and other sites and nothing worked. Finally on a whim that Windows 7 is pretty loocked down I clicked on Start>All Programs>Real Networks>Real Downloader and right clicked on the Real Downloader icon , then chose "Properties" and clicked the security tab. I clicked on the "edit" Button and under the Users/Groups window I selected and changed the properties of all the users listed to allow full control and clicked "Apply" then "OK", once I was done. The downloader now works as it used to.

• Keng Leong LokeKeng Leong Loke commented  · 

Check RealPlayer - Preferences- Download & Recording- Save files to: If lets say you set the default download location of video files to be a external hard disk and the disk is not present RealPlayer downloader will show an error message saying it has stopped working. i.e. the files are not found.

• LewisLewis commented  · 

"realplayer downloader has stopped working and the icon dont show above the video ". I have windows 7 and I am using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome if it do show up it want download the video. I uninstalled, reinstalled. I don't know what else to do to get it working. I haven't found any answers on the internet yet. Any ideas?

• LindaLinda commented  · 

"realplayer downloader has stopped working" when I try to play back my videos from youtube. I have windows 7 and I am using Internet Explorer. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restored back to before I downloaded realplayer. I don't know what else to do to get it working. I haven't found any answers on the internet yet. Any ideas?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Real play download r stop working of window vista between or near end

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Real play down loader stop working middle near end.

• JayJay commented  · 

Running win 7. Downloaded the new version of Firefox 7.01. Can't download from internet to Realplayer now. I continue to get an error message.Win 7 searches for a solution and then tells me none is available. Is there a fix available? Downloader will not even start.

• DnADnA commented  · 

This has been a problem for a very long time now. Windows 7 64 bit, SP1 but browsers are 32 bit version. Sometime if done one at a time it will down load a video but return "Realplay Downloader has stopped working" when you close the downloader window. Sometimes, especially if you have multiples being downloaded, it just fails during download. It does not appear to be updating the amount downloaded and the time left when it is going to fail.

Feedback and Knowledge Base